9.27.2012

A Christmas ornament tutorial and the latest news

Hello!!! how have you been? I´ve been soooooo busy! working on designs for new goodies and giving the final touches to the Style Guide for the Tinytwinies®, hope to finish it soon! It´s taking me so much work and time but it´s turning great so I think it´s well worth it. When it´s totally finished I´ll be hunting for a rep. Wish me good luck!
I know I´ve not been a good blogger (sorry!) but I´ve been posting updates on my Facebook page. Be sure to like it if you didn´t do it yet :) 

Many things have happened on these last months so here we go with the news!

• New Halloween stickers and digi-stamps have just been released, and you´re invited to visit my shop to know them. Then click here to see the gorgeous projects that my Design Team girls were making with them, get inspired and make your own spooky creations!

• New fabrics are available at my Spoonflower shop. Two lovely designs featuring Amy and Sunny on a repeat pattern and perfect for curtains, dresses, skirts and more for your girls.

And there will be wallpapers and full-color decals soon since Spoonflower has just added these new options. Isn´t it great? Tinytwinies® everywhere!

• I was playing with my rub-ons and creating mixed media artworks to hang on one of the walls of my studio. I had so much fun! Come back on the next days to see them, I´m going to post the photos here and I´m sure you´ll love them! ;)

• New stamps will be released by Latina Crafter. In addition to my latest collections and the Christmas stamps, new designs will be available soon. They´re some of my most popular digi-stamps that will be retired as digis and turned into clear stamps. More info soon, stay tuned!


• I´ve closed my Card Gnome shop. And I´m sad for that. It´s a great site to sell your designs on greeting cards but they don´t ship internationally (only U.S.), and it´s important to me that my products reach every corner of the world.

• And a big announce: Tinytwinies, bringing joy and lots of smiles® is an official registered trademark! I´m so happy for that!!!



These were the news, now onto the Christmas tutorial! 

I´ve used the cut & sew pattern featuring the Tinytwinies® and available through Spoonflower to make ornaments, and did a step-by-step and very-easy-to-follow tutorial. Anyway, if you have questions don´t hesitate to write me, I´ll be happy to help!

That´s the way I´ve received my fabric from Spoonflower. Just lovely!


• On a fat quarter you have five ornaments and the instructions to make them.


First step: cut out and iron the ten pieces to make the five ornaments.


• Besides the fabric you will need: scissors - ribbons - needle and thread - pins and polyester or cotton filling.


• For this tutorial I´m going to work with "Michu with a candy cane", isn´t he so sweet?


Second step: place the two matching pieces right side together. Insert some pins.


• Third step: stitch all around by hand or using a machine, and leave a gap to stuff (preferably at the top of the ornament) and then, turn the piece right side out, press and stuff it.

 
Attach a ribbon where you left the gap, stitch by hand and embellish it. I´ve used red and translucent glitter, a glittery flower and tiny sequins, you know I love sparkly things!


• And voila! your Michu is ready to hang! :)


Remember you can also make appliqués from this fabric. And if you come up with another idea to use it, share it with us!

Finally, I want to wish a Happy Fall to my northern friends, and a Happy Spring to my southern ones! I´m ready to enjoy one of my favourites seasons: Spring! and waiting to see and smell the flowers
:)

Thank you for reading! see you soon! ♥
Elizabeth

4 comments:

  1. These are such lovely design and ornaments Elizabeth! They make me smile every time :) - Happy Spring to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Alex! and Happy Fall to you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liked your interesting and valuable post. You have shared here great ideas and worthy tips for decorate home on this Christmas. I am thankful for this great article.
    -
    goedkope kunstkerstboom

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You´re very welcome, Leesa! thanks for your comment!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment!!!